Join a virtual dinner!
Dinner Mates was founded to make friends and build community in our neighborhoods, over food. I still want to find a way to follow this mission.
Over the last several weeks, I have been struggling to find a way to keep the the spirit of Dinner Mates alive. We are all in separate homes, but how can we still stay connected? A virtual dinner party! Food delivered to you by a local restaurant and share an intimate dinner party together on zoom.
We had our first zoom dinner at a lovely restaurant in the UWS. It worked! I want to create more of these, until the time when we can get together in person again!
How it works
- You will be alerted when new dinners are open for reservations.
- These are small events (6-8 people). First come, first serve, so reserve your spot quickly!
- Details are sent to you once your reservation is made.
- Food is delivered to your home.
- They start with a 30-minute Happy Hour while the dinners are delivered to all participants.
- By request, people might be allowed to join the zoom dinner and provide your own food. (BYO everything!)
- How does that sound? You in?